Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Anonymous story from Rock Bend

I am the mother of three amazing girls, ages 7, 12, 14, and 19. The past three years have been the hardest and most challenging.

Three years ago in June, we had a house fire that completely burned our house to the ground. We lost everything. My girls were ok. My husband and I were on vacation (first vacation in years without kids)...San Francisco. We received a call from a police officer. My first thought was my girls. My kids had been at the zoo that day and while they were on their way home they saw smoke in the sky. They joked that it was their house, and it was. Amazingly, our cat was able to get out of the house safely. While in San Francisco, all I could think of was being home with my girls.

As devastating as the fire was, my girls have had a very positive attitude. We are all so grateful that nobody was hurt. This was a very tough time for my family but at the same time we grew closer together and hae learned not to be materialistic; stuff can be replaced, people cannot.

Our house was rebuilt but adversity was just around the corner again.

My husband was in the mortgage business and when the market crashed, investors lost homes and money and blame trickled down to all the little people in the business. My husband was part of an investment group and helped with loans and he was charged, along with realtors, mortgage loan officers, and title officers and was sentenced to two years in federal prison where he is now.

So for the past 20 months, I have been a single mother, We went from a two-person income to one. Raising strong and confident ladies has always been my goal. I am humbled by my daughters' resilience. I truly feel with all we have been through we could be negative and bitter but we have all learned to find the silver lining in bad situations.

To top off life events, our new house was broken into and all our electronics and tax information was stolen. The house was trashed but all we could do was laugh. I don't think anything could phase my girls and me.

I unfortunately now suffer from panic and anxiety attacks from all the trauma. I am looking forward to my husband being home with us soon and getting back to a normal life.

That is, until the next devastating event.

No comments:

Post a Comment